Client is a commercial laboratory focusing on liquid biopsy blood test which helps physicians select suitable cancer treatments for patients by molecular diagnostics. Looking for Pre-Analytical Executive/ Laboratory Assistants to join and focus on cancer testing and COVID-19 projects.
- Receive and check specimens, sort and label patient samples, and prepare them for data entry and analysis in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety requirements of the laboratory.
- Follow all laboratory protocols and policies in checking the quantity of specimens received and ensure that specimen identification tallies with the request forms.
- Ensure and assist in the care, cleanliness and maintenance of the laboratory work area and equipment.
- Maintain an adequate level of laboratory supplies in the work area, receive requested stock items and distribute them to the appropriate places within the laboratory.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inventory management or other assigned duties (e.g. freezer defrosting).
- Assist medical laboratory technologists/lab staff during the laboratory tests when required (e.g. contamination monitoring).
Specimens are received at the laboratory for cancer diagnostics and COVID-19 testing. Please note that you will not be coming into direct contact with any of the specimens, but you should be comfortable handling the kits, blood tubes etc. that contain such specimens. These would include blood/tissue samples for cancer-related tests and swab/saliva samples for COVID-19 tests.
- At least a diploma. Experience in a related field (e.g. biological sciences, molecular biology, genetics) is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail, high degree of meticulousness and good organizational skills. This is an administrative role that is a crucial part of our workflow.
- Flexibility in working on weekends/ public holidays/ rotating shifts (e.g. 7am-4pm; 3pm-12mn; 6pm-3am) as needed, based on staff rosters.
Teh Hui Tian, Zoe EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R2089915