We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
This Quality Engineer role focuses on managing client quality control plans (QCPs) that define how products which meet client requirements are manufactured. As QCP champion, you are responsible for all aspects of the QCP, from development to execution; ultimately ensuring that the final product meets all client requirements.
A suitable candidate is responsible with effective communications and project management skills; and has a sensitivity for managing client interactions.
Direct Supervisor/Manager: Quality Management Systems Lead.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement external Quality Control Plans (QCP). Participate in design reviews and criticality assessments of processes as input to QCP development.
- Liaise with various departments and subject matter experts, both internally and externally, to resolve quality issues and ultimately ensure product that meets client requirements are manufactured.
- Manage timelines for various client QCP projects to ensure that necessary inspection points and documentation are completed on time before scheduled shipment.
- Work closely with the quality administrative assistant to build documentation packages for client orders.
- Escort client representatives as needed to explain procedures and address any concerns during the manufacturing process.
- Develop, implement and maintain relevant quality procedures in compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and client requirements as needed.
- Ensure QC requirements and QA tasks are completed before tool or product is shipped.
- Continuously improve knowledge of customer expectations, supplier relations, risk management and improvement, industry standards, business systems, and planning and quality tools.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external management systems.
- Conduct audit processes internally and at suppliers, including planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and remedial work plans.
- Coordinate deviation and non-conformance processes and ensure corrective and preventive actions address fundamental causes.
- Note: there may be a need to support activities outside of regular working hours when the project requires it (approx. 15% of the time).
Previous Experience and Competencies required:
- Investigation of nonconformances, performing root cause analysis, and ensuring suitable corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- Good understanding of key elements of a good Quality Management System, and able to perform audits to verify compliance is desirable.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, with sensitivity for tight deadlines
- Good customer focus
- Prior experience working with or managing external Clients
- Comfortable working with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Willing to support activities outside of regular working hours when the project requires it (approx. 15% of the time).
- Bachelors or higher Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or similar is advantageous
- Min. 3 years working experience in a similar Quality Engineer / Project Management role
If you have the relevant skillsets, please apply with an updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
We shall contact shortlisted candidates.
Ng Yew Koon Sherry
Senior Recruitment Consultant (R1657259)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259