Our client is a US MNC, a pioneering leader in providing strategic solutions for consumer goods, manufacturing, construction and aerospace. They are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to commit to a 6 months contract.
- Assist in the management of the flow of information to ensure compliance with the contract programme and contractual commitments.
- Assist in the preparation of contractual correspondence with reference to specific entitlements and time bars as set out in the Contract (e.g. EOT, delay notices, variations).
- Review incoming documentation (as requested by PD, Package Project Managers) to establish whether contractual response or correspondence is required to protect the company's commercial position.
- Management of the variation process and claims and agreement with customer.
- Manage the EOT process, claims and where appropriate negotiations with customer.
- Implement and manage commercial registers detailing all submissions, their substantiation requirements, follow up requirements and timing and ensure that no claim for time or money is lost due to failure to meet the specific requirements of the contract are applied.
- Management of all claims against subs or counter claims by Clients or other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate awareness of HSE issues, participate in Safety Observation System (SOS) requirement.
- Ensure HSE and Compliance is always top of agenda.
- Walk site/construction sites frequently to ensure understanding of site progress and site issues.
- Maintains customer satisfaction at acceptable levels, assist in promptly resolving customer issues
- Ensures that the Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to.
- Control margin deviation through rigorous cost control and forecasting
- Participate in early reporting of risks / opportunities and potential risk of margin deviation
- Contribute to well managed Project Reviews providing early reporting and clear/concise information about the project financial status
- Assist the Project Team to maintain an up-to-date risk and opportunity register to demonstrate the full range of possible financial outcomes for the project.
- Liaise with Regional Commercial Manager and legal support when required
- Sufficient records are kept and all relevant contractual notices are issued to secure position (and that of any subcontractors) including facilitating and/or negotiation of claims while work is in progress.
- The submission of compliant monthly payment applications inclusive of all paperwork, back-up (as required by Customer) and ensure technical and commercial completeness prior to submission.
- The collection of retention amounts and the collection of all final certificates.
- Follow up on payment schedule, ensure invoice issued and cash received within contractual timelines.
- Review the project's working capital position and optimize where possible.
- Relevant degree or diploma qualification desired, likely to include Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- Membership of a QS body (e.g. AIQS, RICS) is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of Contract Administration in a construction environment is essential.
- At least 5 years' experience in quantity surveying/ cost management/contract administration on construction projects is essential.
- Ability to undertake site walks to review physical progress.
- Knowledge of HVAC, Building Management Systems, Fire Alarm Systems and Electronic Security Systems is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication and numeracy skills.
Location: Changi Business Park Central 1
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
Candidates must be available to start in August/September and be able commit for 6 months.
If you're interested, please send in your application with your detailed and updated resume to Tammy Chew Wen Hui (R1877573) at email@example.com. Thank you!
Tammy Chew Wen Hui EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1877573