The Global Payroll team consists of a small group of professionals that are responsible for management of the processing of domestic and international payroll, tax reporting, withholding and compliance, global mobility, system implementations, bespoke benefits and interdepartmental coordination with dependent teams. A meaningful portion of the job also includes developing processes and policies and overseeing their implementation.
What you'll do
- Plan, coordinate and manage the payroll department daily activities
- Ensure all payroll processes are executed accurately and timely
- Ensure all payroll regulatory requirements are met and are in compliance with local regulatory agencies
- Initiate and promote continual process improvements within the payroll department and implement changes leading to best-practice operations from a global perspective
- Oversee payroll implementation in the support of new worldwide office openings
- Ensures compliance with localized legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; obtaining qualified opinions; advising management on needed actions
- Develop and maintain written departmental payroll policies and procedures
- Prepare payroll related accruals and reconciliations to the general ledger
- Communicate and implement pay policies and procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources, Tax, Accounting, and Legal Departments
- Provide excellent customer service by assessing customer needs, researching and resolving issues, and communicating outcomes to employees and managers
- Develop strong working relationships with other departments, external auditors, and payroll service providers
- Candidates must have 5+ years of payroll (preferably with HK, JP, SG, TW & AU) experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, but other academic backgrounds will be considered
- Strong proficiency in computer skills/experience including the following: Microsoft Office 365, Advanced Excel skills with knowledge of VLOOKUP's, sum ifs and pivot tables
- Skilful problem solver, resourceful, enjoys a fast-paced environment, and has strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning payroll in other countries as the company expands its international operations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Superb relationship and customer management skills
- Self-motivated, self-reliant with a hands-on approach
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Workday Financial Management system knowledge a plus
Mary Grace Perez Marcojos EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1110449