Research Specialist - Cell Biology
- Client is a Giant Pharmaceutical, located around Buona Vista.
- This is a 12 months, renewable contract.
- Package comes with Completion Bonus & Performance Bonus.
As a Specialist in Cell Biology within Early Discovery Pharmacology, you will work as part of a team of research scientists to develop and support novel cell-based assays using patient-derived material to identify and validate novel targets and therapeutic approaches in support of drug discovery programs.
* Development and optimization of cell culture methodologies to generate and maintain cell lines or patient-derived cultures in support of cell-based assays.
* Under limited supervision, design and execute robust scientific studies using cell-based assays.
* Generate and analyze data to support research operating plans and projects.
* Communicate project updates to internal and external collaborators.
* Propose, develop and assess novel methods or technologies to support and advance cell-based assays to address novel therapeutic approaches or project-specific questions.
* Support laboratory-based activities including equipment quality control monitoring, purchase of consumables and maintain inventory to ensure continuity of laboratory operations.
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all laboratory-based activities to improve safety, quality, speed, efficiency and costs.
* Work collaboratively to draft research project proposals, reports, publications and other scientific communications related to research activities.
* Ensure reliable documentation of experiments and results in electronic notebooks and other documents in compliance with company policies and project needs.
* Identify the need for and ensure the implementation of Risk Assessments and SOPs.
* Ensure all activities comply with appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) legislation, company codes of practice and local rules.
* Promote a culture of safety and compliance among colleagues.
- Bachelor of Science or Diploma in Life Sciences or Life Science-related discipline with approximately 3 years of relevant hands-on cell culture or research experience.
- Familiar with the principles of laboratory-based activities including cell culture and cell-based assays a requirement. Experience in working with 3D culture and related technologies would be preferred.
- Previous experience in plate-based in vitro assays and a working knowledge of the use of automated or semi-automated laboratory equipment, liquid handling systems and software for screening would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, foster collaboration and make rapid and disciplined decisions.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, collaborative skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong team player with a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
Do send a copy of your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at +65 6232 5246 for further enquiries.
Jasmin Teh Jia Min
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Strategic Client Services
Jasmin, Jia Min Teh EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1658824