As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- To support the first line of Defence framework in all Risk & Control related task which includes developing appropriate Risk Control Assessment (RCAs), Control Monitoring Assessment (CMA), Key Risk Indicator (KRIs), Risk Appetite and the Management Information (MI) and Reporting thereof by which the BAU monitoring can be well managed
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risk associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Establish appropriate operational controls based on risk assessments to ensure that the Group's Operational Risk Management Framework is met and fully adhered to
- Ensure sound processes are in place to minimize operational risk in the WPB (wealth and personal banking) business and form adequate control
- Provide guidance and support to WPB (wealth and personal banking) teams in conjunction with Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Risk, Financial Crime & Fraud Risk, Information Security Risk, Resilience Risk and all WPB businesses locally
- Ensure adherence to Group Standards, Regulatory and Group Audit requirements
- Work jointly with the Operational Risk Transformation Program (ORTP) lead to implement the new Operational Risk framework
- Bachelor's degree in Banking/ Finance or any related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Operations risk role within banking or financial industry.
- Good understanding of operational risk and controls, preferably gained through experience in front line and risk roles
- Good understanding of the Group's Operational Risk Framework, especially Third-Party Risk Management
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to consider alternative and lateral solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure within a team environment
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment
- Good to have knowledge in wealth and personal banking business
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com (R1434374), stating the position as the subject title in the email
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.