Safety Advisor III (Oil & Gas| 2 Yr Contract)
6 day week/ 60 working hours
The incumbent will serve as a member of the project's Field Safety Team (SAFE Team). Primarily conducts field observations and worker interventions with at-risk behaviors/conditions. Utilizes checklist process to assess, evaluate and make improvements focused on critical/high risk activities. Coaches and mentors workers and supervisors in the field on safe work practices. Documents field findings, assesses risk levels and provides input to field SSH&E stewardship reports.
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3 will perform the following as well:
- Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
- Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
- Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
- More than 10 years of project construction execution experiences (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Experience working in oil/gas/petrochemical capital SSHE projects desired.
- Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
- Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills is required to develop successful internal and external working relationships.
- Proficient in MS Office such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft
- Preferably a Bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
Please send in your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on "APPLY NOW".
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259