Our Client is a large pharmaceutical company headquartered in the United States, located in Buona Vista.
This is a 12 months; renewable contract.
Attractive remuneration package.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist in Translational Biomarkers, you will work closely with in-house scientists and external collaborators to support the initiation and execution of human translational studies. In this role, you will develop, qualify and deploy molecular biomarker assays for patient stratification, achieving proof-of-concept, or studying mechanism of action for novel therapeutics using samples from or derived from patients, with the goal of obtaining actionable insights for target and biomarker validation.
- Develop high complexity biomarker assays, perform analytical validation, and develop QC practices. Responsible for biomarker assays from sample collection through sample analysis. These activities may be performed in-house or with external partners.
- Provide scientific and technical input on biomarker workplans.
- Support the initiation and execution of human translational studies, including assay design, sample logistics and assay operations.
- Be a technical expert in genomics and related technology platforms, and the application of these platforms to human translational studies.
- Support the evaluation of emerging technologies and their utility in providing novel insights into disease biology to facilitate target identification and biomarker development.
- Contribute to authoring and reviewing project proposals, scientific publications, validation reports, laboratory SOPs and sample collection procedures as appropriate.
- Accurately document experiments and results in electronic notebooks and/or other required formats in compliance with company policies and project needs.
- PhD in a Life Science related discipline or BSc/MSc with at least 5 years of relevant research experience.
- Demonstrated track record of performing translational research in oncology.
- Hands-on experience in molecular analysis of clinical samples, particularly with sample processing, genomic platforms and next-generation sequencing (tissue dissociation, DNA/RNA extraction, RNA-Seq etc.).
- Familiarity with other biomarker technologies, such as flow cytometry, is preferred.
- Proficiency in bioinformatic analysis and/or use of statistical and visualization tools will be a plus.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Good prioritization and operational skills.
- Strong team player that has a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
Interested applicants, kindly please submit resume to: email@example.com (R1110894)
Yen Leng Yap EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1110894