- Lead the development and maintenance of the Ship Security
- Plans, liaising with internal & external bodies to maintain up to date information in support of these plans.
- Lead the day-to-day management of security service contractors, including monitoring performance, conducting due diligence assessments and managing costs.
- Monitor and support the Company Fleet continued compliance with the ISPS Code.
- Develop and maintain existing security plans, procedures and guidance.
- Provide timely and accurate security advice to the Company CEO, Leadership Team, Company Fleet and shore staff and other Group entities on maritime security issues.
- Co-ordinate the development of maritime cyber security threat awareness within Company.
- When on call be available to respond to incidents as part of the Incident Management Team in the role of Emergency Response Advisor.
- Knowledge of marine operations including an understanding of maritime security threats and their mitigations
- Knowledge of shipboard operations
- Experience preparing concise plans or reports and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working in high pressure situations - ability to prioritise work when faced with multiple requirements and also to progress issues with limited available information
- Seagoing, Military or law enforcement experience
- Experience in responding to emergencies including security incidents.
- Experience in promoting open and effective communication across all levels of an organisation
- Working knowledge of the ISPS Code
- Experience in leading / facilitating discussions, meetings and training sessions.
- Experience coordinating emergency response or security exercises.
- Global geopolitical awareness including an understanding of how global security risks affect the maritime environment.
- An understanding of the risks associated with cyber threats and digital security
- Working knowledge of international conventions / law
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551