- The role performs day-to-day control and administration of physical trading contracts, tenders, and general terms.
- The Contracts Specialist will be expected to manage the day-to-day liaison with third parties, traders, marketers, originators, legal and other stakeholders as appropriate to fulfil the responsibilities below:
- Provide para-legal and general oil and freight contracts advice to the business teams in Singapore and Dubai
- Ensure that traders are aware of the commercial and financial risk associated with their business and ensure that contracts/agreements drafted are fit for purpose and are sent out within the control timescales
- Assist and advise the business teams in negotiating more complex contractual arrangements, liaising with Legal as necessary.
- Negotiating side letter agreements with third parties, liaising with legal and traders as necessary.
- First point of contact for operational claims and disputes, supporting traders and legal counsel in resolving these disputes.
- Creating contracts for all physical sales and purchases of commodities to third parties and ensuring execution within the control timescales, ensuring they are robust and fit for purpose, liaising with Legal, traders, operators, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Reviewing tenders and general terms and conditions for purposes of highlighting contractual risks to traders/operations, liaising with Legal, Contracts and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Liaising with operations, settlements, and Credit to resolve any departure from any agreed contractual obligation
- Proactively support any new trade opportunities, advise on new regulatory framework and legal restrictions which may involve changes to existing procedures or support processes.
- Prompt reporting and resolution of any mismatch of data/terms within the back-office systems and any other source of information relevant to the trade
- Maintaining robust contracts register and ensuring control processes are complied with.
- Ongoing maintenance of the standard contract templates relating to the relevant trades.
- Understanding of the compliance issues affecting the relevant trades and reporting of any potential problems arising to the Compliance Manager.
- Graduate degree and relevant experience in oil contracts management and negotiation.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in managing oil / gas trading contracts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Works independently and pro-active in resolving issues and initiating change
- Demonstrates ability to lead and influence peers and key stakeholders
- Highly disciplined approach to work required
- Ability to perform under time constraint and work pressure
- Ability to plan and organise the work to meet tight deadlines
- Responsive and flexible work attitude, good team player
- Knowledge and application of internal controls
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551