Our client is a well-established US based company that provide engineering services and aerospace systems.
We are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to support the Singapore Research & Development Center housing the global printer development team.
- Design and development of firmware platform and software for Thermal Barcode Printers
- Responsible for detailed design of software components, with the ability to derive optimal design proposals and conduct implementation
- Responsible for design documentation which includes feasibility reports, project schedules and scoping, product requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, development test reports, engineering change notices etc Responsible for performing validation on new design
- Responsible for tracking and execution of individual or smaller team project assignments
- You will work closely with other functions in the organization such as system test, program management, marketing, electrical and quality teams
- Participate in daily development and technical lead activities including printer languages, application features, communication protocol stacks, real-time drivers, architecture design and technical project management.
- Must have design experience in the printer industry.
- Must have experience in digital image processing.
- Well-versed in programming skills using C/C++
- Prior experience working on project work.
- Experience in the following areas would be an advantage,
- Linux development environment
- Communication protocol stacks, such as 802.11, Bluetooth, USB
- Real-time embedded systems
- Digital Image processing/Stepper motor control and sensor
- Algorithm design and analysis - Artificial intelligence/Machine learning
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM project team
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- A good team player
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to email@example.com.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259