- Responsible for the administration and installation of a large multi-site backup environment running UNIX and Windows servers.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining backup clients and servers attached to Tape/disk subsystems.
- Configuring Data workload SQL/Oracle/VMware backups and troubleshoot backup failures with defined SLA.
- Provide technical recommendations on backup architecture.
- Support high volume production support environment, configuring fiber-based tape and disk environments consisting of IBM tape libraries and tape devices, EMC Data Domains infrastructure.
- Handle escalation from 24/7 shift members for backup failures and taking appropriate steps.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related disciplines
- Around 5+ years experience installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining enterprise backups (IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM), Netbackup) in a large heterogeneous data center environment.
- Equipped with automation and scripting skills.
- Familiar with REST API's to automate dashboard and day to day operations.
- Experience with support, troubleshooting and problem resolution for SQL/RMAN/Exchange/VMware backups, DR recovery technologies and techniques encompassing architecture, design implementation and support functions.
- Hands on with IBM Spectrum Protect for backup failures troubleshooting's and client upgrades.
- Basic knowledge on both UNIX and Windows scripting to prepare scripts for agent upgrade and deploy using industry standard tools (Lumension, puppet and etc.).
- In depth knowledge of IBM Spectrum Protect v7.x/8.x, IBM Spectrum Protect Replication, Container and Cloud Storage pools, NetBackup administrator and client setup
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle/VMware backup and restore, Aix/Solaris/Windows and Linux System administration
- Basic knowledge on Object storage (ICS/Centera/ECS) administration
- Good understanding of networking protocols
Cristina Malabuyoc Malijan EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1111547