- To develop robust processes to ingest huge amounts of data from disparate systems and build processes that transform and use that data.
- To make complex architectural decisions that balance difficult trade-offs, and defend those decisions to management and clients within the bank
- To take a leadership role in the team, mentoring less experienced colleagues and helping them progress.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or in any related majors
- At least 5-8 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years' experience working with Java technologies
- Excellent understanding of Java language features like lambdas, streams, and futures
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures, with excellent fundamentals in complexity analysis
- Ability to analyze code - understand execution flow & debug even without access to a debugger
- Experience with Maven, Git, writing and maintaining integration tests
- Familiarity with Linux and bash
- Good knowledge of SQL or an SQL-inspired dialect such as HQL
An ideal candidate will also have expertise in some of the following:
- Hadoop Big data clusters and tech: Spark, Kafka, HDFS, ORC, Hive, HBase, YARN, Parquet, Zookeeper
- Jenkins and Ansible
- Jira or a similar issue-tracking system
- The Spring framework and IOC, and particularly Spring Boot and Swagger for restful web services
Additionally, knowledge of the following is good to have:
- Python and PySpark
- Protobuf, Grpc, Kryo, Avro, Snappy
- OLAP cubes: Active Pivot, Druid, Click house
- Understanding of and interest in finance & financial markets, particularly interest rate derivatives in their many forms (Forwards, Futures, Swaps, Swaptions, etc), knowledge of the greeks (Delta, Gamma, Vega, Vanna, Volga, Cega, etc), risk management concepts (VaR, ES, etc), market data (discount and forecast curves, SABR volatility matrices, correlation and hybrid correlation cubes, etc).
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to Rupa Kankariya (R1441955)
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Rupa Kankariya (R1441955) EA Licence No (02C3423)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955