Senior Lab Supervisor (Petrochemical/ JI/ 1 Year Contract)
* Adopt pure Loss Prevention System (LPS) system to prevent losses and drive desired behavior
* Participate project reviews to ensure that project facilities are designed to meet corporate SSHE standards and comply with local regulatory codes and requirements (actively consider waivers where these make sense and aid delivery of project outcomes).
* Actively share relevant operating experiences and incident with SHE learning values with internal Design teams, to improve facility design
* Participate in relevant engineering reviews to validate project facilities enable compliance to prevailing OIMS, Standing Orders, Operation Excellence and Ergonomics
* Advise Design team on Sites' practices that are in line with Operation Excellence, and ensure omissions and deviations in new facility design are judiciously assessed, documented and aligned with SUT and Singapore Manufacturing Sites
* Support SUT to achieve the Project business objectives and project deliverables
* Participate and support SUT on key EMCAPS deliverables.
* Represent the Sites/SUT as laboratory representative and Communicate, co-ordinate and gain alignment with SUT
* Participate in the inspection for the quality and completeness of the mechanical work, coordinate repair if needed
* Participate and co-development of work permitting process that support safe work with highest productivity (minimal permit delay). Communicate key permitting metrics with base plant
* Lead project based lab technician to develop instrument operating procedures, testing procedures, emergency procedures, interface procedures with other BU/BT and new project based Laboratory operator structure rounds.
* Develop lab inventory management system for hazardous material, reagents and consumables, coordinate with 3P vendors for waste disposals planning.
* Participate in Test Method Assessment (TMA) for every new instrument commissioned.
* Participate in QPnG/ISO9001/ISO17025 assessment.
* Develop and maintain records pertaining to staffing and visitors.
* Develop training material (WebCat and classroom) and conduct training & post qualification tests for LT to equip them with appropriate skill to support key project deliverable such as equipment walk down, turn over and commissioning / start up.
* Own the weekly schedule. Manage completions, reschedule work as necessary.
* Participate in Sample Manager Setup for new instruments, and planning for quality control samples data collection.
* Coordinate or lead to provide site inputs/comments to all project based laboratory related work scope and Support and plan execution of project based laboratory early works
* General support, coordinate alignment with Refinery Lab during execution, lead/coordinate the commissioning, turnover and start- up of the project facilities
* Oversee the preparation for the reliability and maintenance of new Lab facilities/equipment and eventual turnover to the Refinery
* Possess more than 10 years of experience with Lab practices/operations
* Experience in the Singapore Refinery Laboratory with understanding of business drives, Sites' synergy configuration/equipment, and its systems and people
* Knowledge of key Management Systems and Standards, in particular OIMS, GPnG, etc.
* Strong foundation in site-specific standards, requirements and specifications (eg. SSS etc)
* Experiences in Site's junior leadership positions (Laboratory supervisor and/or Acting Lab supervisor)
* Ability to work effectively in diverse environment; to understand and work effectively within local social structures and customs.
* Possess relevant degree (eg. Chemical Engineering) preferred.
If you think you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259