Key Purpose of the Role:
The role of a Network Implementation Engineer (External Connectivity) is to interpret a customer request and then transform that request into a successful project. A successful project is one that meets the customer's requirements, is delivered on time, and has a positive impact on the business. The Implementation Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This includes project management, pre-sales, customer service, solution design, implementation and technical support. The bespoke nature of our client requires that this role be filled by high functioning individuals who excel in high-pressure environments whilst carrying out their work in a professional manner. The Implementation Engineers also act as liaisons/ collaborators to their colleagues in the Architecture and Engineering department within the managed service account.
What the role entails:
- Excel is liaising with clients, stakeholders of all levels to gather technical requirements, business justifications and translate them into business case and proposals.
- Able to manage external suppliers such as telecommunication carriers and product manufacturers to deliver on project objectives that aligns with the customers' needs.
- Gather technical requirements for large and complex projects and translate them into feasible work packages.
- Holds end-to-end accountability for projects assigned.
- Evaluating technology options and presenting those that best suit customer requirements.
- Produce the technical design in the format specified by Client standards. This requires excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with office automation tools.
- Many technical design write-ups will be exceeding 100+ pages and integrate various items including Visio Diagrams, Tables, Charts, and links.
- Provide detailed and accurate bill of materials and cost estimates
- Estimate Resource Requirements to deliver the project.
- Ensure Compliance with all Client Standards for Data and Voice Networks.
- Communicate the design in both a technical and business style manner. This will normally be done in meeting and require the development of additional presentation material.
- Develop a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage
- Develop a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
- Provide Project reporting as required by the Client Minimal Grid Guidelines for Complex and Medium Service Requests
- Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams
- Submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
- Testing of network connectivity post implementations
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
- Ensure proper Closeout of project and move-to-production process is adhered to.
- Provide Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long term issues impacting network performance.
- Handle incident events (L3) and Incident/Problem escalation according to the defined standards
- Provide Root Cause Analysis for Medium and High Severity Incidents.
- Degree in Information Technology or any equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in large enterprise managed service environment in the financial industry or have similar experience within the banking sector
- Must have certifications like CCNP/CCIE/CCIP or Cisco Data Centre Networking Infra Support Specialist
- In depth understanding of all key technologies in Data Networks including traditional WAN and SD WAN and knowledge of Cisco products including Cisco's SD WAN (Viptela) technology
- Familiarity with WAN protocols: MPLS, Metro Ethernet, SDWAN
- Experience in Cisco products (e.g. ISR G3, ASR 1000, vEdge 2000/5000)
- Cisco Routing and Switching (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Ether-channel, Multicast
- Multicast: PIM-SM, MSDP, AnyCast-RP
- VPN: IPSEC and DMVPN / QOS: Class and Quality of service configurations
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and other Network protocols (SNMP, FTP, TFTP, HTTP/S, SSH, IPSLA.)
- Solid understanding of Security Technologies (Application inspection, Network Address translation, DNS/DHCP/Virtual systems/routers) p3
- Riverbed Acceleration and WAN Optimization Solution
- Understanding of firewalls concepts; route-based VPN, policy-based VPN, familiar with Palo Alto firewalls would be a plus.
- Familiar with Niksun, Wireshark and other packet capturing utilities and interpreting packet captures, Log Management tools (Syslog, Splunk)
- Familiar with Change Management platforms and tools e.g. ServiceNow
- Able to travel to various customer sites within the Asia Pacific region is required at least 10% of the time
- Related cloud deployment experience. Exposure and competency/ experience in implementation of Azure, Google Cloud and/ or AWS.
Rojo Lani Alinas EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1108334