Senior Software Engineer, Fleet Management
Our client , a multinational automotive parts manufacturing company which develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation.
- Contribute to the overall design of our fleet management system, which spans mobile robots themselves, edge compute at customer premises, and cloud compute (AWS). Examples of features include robot monitoring, data ingestion and curation, map management, OTA updates, scheduling/automation routines, synchronization between edge/cloud, interfaces with external systems (e.g. ERP), and admin pages for every aspect of the operation. We value simplicity and robustness when designing systems, and we aim to have tooling for all aspects of managing/debugging the robot fleet available in this system.
- Develop new features well documented industry ready software modules and libraries. Currently we use Python (backend/admin pages) and React/Redux (customer facing webapp).
- Help build integration tests with the full system stack. Help build tools that allow us to monitor the fleet management system when deployed in the field.
- Work closely with other teams (e.g. navigation team, localization team and perception team) to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Lead and coach a team of software engineers with a range of technical roles.
- In addition to the above, you will also be working on system architecture and design, mapping out the technology roadmap, and executing them together with the rest of the team .
- A degree related to Computer Science or Engineering and 5 years of industry experience.
- Extensive experience in either i) web application development or ii) distributed system development.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions.
- Having experience with robotics, IoT, autonomous vehicles or other hardware will be ideal
- Experience with web/desktop user interface design (e.g. HTML/CSS) will be ideal.
- Ability to take technical leadership on topics related to fleet management.
- Good understanding on software development lifecycle and design patterns.
- An eye for detail, and commitment, and enthusiasm to see your algorithms working on real robots.
- Extensive knowledge of Python is a must.
- Knowledge of React/Redux/Typescript will be ideal.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel
If you possess above relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to Apple.email@example.com
Lim Pey Chyi (Apple)
Recruitment Consultant (R2090579)
Manpower Staffing Services (S) Pte Ltd
EA Licence: 02C3423
Apple, Pey Chyi Lim EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090579