As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of relevant architecture strategy and stats for Insurance
- Leading the definition of solution architecture for programmers and creating target state road maps
- Defining, maintaining, and owning the technical architecture solution relating to distribution platforms within the supporting CIO function.
- Develop trusted relationships across the organization, not just in architecture, in order to ensure that the solutions proposed meet the business needs whilst aligning to the organizational technology vision;
- Accountable for technology decisions and architecture leadership within the appropriate governance bodies.
- Ensure that the target state for architecture is implemented consistently across the CIO function and respective of DevOps teams.
- Act as the recognized technical expert associated with the respective domain.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise CIO / Chief Architect and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Drive operational excellence on the full architectural life cycle and guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
- Degree / diploma or relevant working experience
- Understand channel applications and integration components, common digital and traditional integration technologies
- Experience of enterprise level software for scale delivery working in insurance domain.
- Ability to Identify key system architecture components, propose and help teams build solutions that unblock deployments.
- Excellent experience in digital and broader architectural transformation, applying solutions for experience in decomposing monolith solutions and methods to manage for technical legacy reduction.
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate customer journeys into technical design, leveraging API and micro-service architecture techniques.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of enterprise level software development and API based integration e.g. Mulesoft
- Participate in technical design and oversee all technology related issues of cloud product development, building a micro-services-based architecture, promoting API reuse and managing down technical legacy across the enterprise.
- Experience of Agile principles and processes and leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and process.
- Understanding and practical experience working with DevOps toolset and frameworks.
- Experience with General and Life Insurance products preferably with a large global insurer or fintech.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the lifecycle of insurance product development from manufacturing through distribution channels, and the role Digital plays in the future of insurance distribution
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to Rupa Kankariya (R1441955)
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Rupa Kankariya (R1441955) EA Licence No (02C3423)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.