Supplier Quality Engineer (Manufacturing/ Jurong)
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for assessing, developing and monitoring supplier quality. Through monitoring of supplier performance, routine interaction with suppliers, and supplier audits, the Quality Engineer - Supplier ensures the quality of parts, products and services delivered by suppliers.
The Supplier Quality Engineer reports directly to the Supplier Quality Team Lead
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead improvement programs for suppliers' quality assurance.
- Conduct supplier quality audits, prepare remedial work plans and ensure implementation of corrective/preventive actions to ensure compliance to agreed requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the conformance of parts and products delivered by suppliers.
- Ensure that supplier quality non-conformances are correctly captured using the appropriate business tools.
- Manage the investigation cycle for supplier non-conformances from initial data analysis throughout to the closure of corrective actions with assigned suppliers.
- Provide and follow up with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure all supplier quality non-conformances are understood and addressed.
- Execute parts, process and supplier qualification plans.
- Have good working knowledge of internal and external management systems (Concurrent Life Cycle Management, ISO 9001, API SPEC Q1).
- Thorough understanding of problem solving, quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools such as Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), preventive and corrective actions, Continuous Improvement method and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Previous Experience and Competencies required:
- Preferred minimum experience of 3 years in Quality or Supply Chain related functions.
- Knowledge in PCBA manufacturing processes.
- Experience in supplier quality management is a semi-con/ manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Experience in supplier quality management is preferable.
- Good communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Qualified or trained as lead auditor for ISO 9001 is preferable.
- Basic understanding of API SPEC Q1 is preferable.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering preferred), Manufacturing.
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Ng Yew Koon Sherry
Senior Recruitment Consultant (R1657259)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259