The Munich-based company is one of the world's leading manufacturer of wafers for the semiconductor industry. The Singapore site is the largest production facility, manufacturing 200mm, 300mm silicon wafers and 300mm crystals.
- This is a new role, based in Singapore and report to Director (P&L).
- The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of buyers, 7 direct reports in total.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement programs to enhance department productivity.
- You'll drive the procurement of Projects/ MRO/ Spareparts/ Equipment materials and services as well as other commodities as required by the Company.
- Deploy and support quality systems and processes for Strategic Procurement (SP)/ Procurement and Logistics (P&L) and represent SP/ P&L in customer and other external audits to maintain qualification.
- Partner with HQ Procurement & Logistics Department in Germany on QS Improvements programs for key suppliers.
- Ensure supplier partnership programs comply with established laws, policies and ethical principles and that an appropriate audit trail for purchasing transaction is maintained including supporting documentation system.
- Develop goals and objectives for the department consistent with corporate goals and continuous improvement program: including budgets, training plans and compliance with customer audits; track the progress towards the achievement of goals.
- Ensure purchasing, timely delivery, supplier's relationship management and inventory control policies, guidelines, and procedures are followed and if necessary developed and documented to assure consistency, repeatability and compliance with company, EHS and legal requirements. Develop and execute continuous improvement programs to enhance department productivity.
- Establish training guidelines and policies that encourage teamwork and individual growth in professional competence. Resolve employee performance problems within corporate policies. Assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in Business Administration or related technical area of study and management experience in purchasing, scheduling, inventories control or other materials management.
- 5 years' experience working in manufacturing (semiconductor) fab
- SAP user
- Demonstrated experience in procuring direct and indirect materials (office equipment, MRO, spareparts)
Key Skills & Attributes
- Good understanding of the needs of Fab and excellent planning skill with regards to Procurement needs such as strategic sourcing, cost improvement and inventory control
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-function, high-pressure environment
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate across all levels
What's on Offer
Highly visible role working with HQ in Munich. There will be visibility to the supplier and partnership programs and global team, hence growing your network. The role may represent the commercial and legal interest of the Company in contractual matters in accordance with the Company's Policy and is accountable for the result of the purchasing and receiving-warehouse-inventory control functions, expanding your work dimension and gain knowledge in contractual and regulatory affairs
Tan Cheu Hoon, Fenny EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R22105896