- Testing/support of existing technologies, products and processes
- Developing fundamental understanding of key coating and technology attributes
- Manage the effective planning and day to day requirements for assigned projects and support activities
- Understands drivers for work and has basic understanding of external customer requirements, asks questions to clarify where required
- Uses best practice/past solutions to design, develop, carry-out, evaluate & interpret experiments for review with manager or senior colleague
- Contribute to test method development as needed, in order to better understand and evaluate coating properties and performance
- Effectively collate and report results, proposes conclusions and recommendations within agreed timescales using appropriate methods. Explains function/technical concepts in a way that technical team understands its value
- Plan, conduct and evaluate trials (e.g. application, production processes, equipment) as required
- Effective communication and liaison with others within the team, MPY, RD&I, Technology Team and Marketing
- Prepare formulation/technology transfer packages e.g. into production environment as required
- Demonstrate an understanding of IP, legislative demands, standard products &/or technologies, including application and testing recommendations in pertinent fields
- Identifies improvement needs and suggests improvement activities/projects. Supports roll-out of improvement solutions
- Maintains a safe working environment e.g. member of 5S team, supports H&S engagement audits, supporting BBS processes.
- PhD, Masters or BSc in Chemical/BioTechnology or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience in R&D
- Prior experience within the Chemical industry will be highly advantageous.
- Good analytical skills, with eye for details
- Shuttle transport is provided.
Andy, Wee Ben Ann License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1552080