Windows Desktop & SCCM Engineer - Contractor
The role requires a technically strong person who is resourceful, highly self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Engineer corporate desktop Operating System images
- Utilize Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (ADK) and SCCM OSD task sequence to create and modify OS images
- Testing and deploying Group Policy to both physical and virtual images
- Respond to all incoming requests for new or changes to Group Policy. Manage priorities, timelines, and communicate with all necessary parties through deployment process.
- Document the environment in a customer facing format
- Create and maintain all SDLC documentations
- 3rd level support and identification of root cause with strategic solutions (requests/CPRs/outages).
- Design Windows deployment strategies
- Utilize Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Configuration Manager to produce detailed task sequences for OS deployment
- Working with the latest technologies
- Research and master new technologies quickly
- Provide technical guidance and implementation
- Work closely other teams and stakeholders to on various projects such as App Services, Deployment Services, Applications Owners, the Core Applications group, and Information Security teams.
- Work closely with Active Directory team to engineer and maintain the structural hierarchy
- Ensure adherence to global standards, policies, and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Scheduling, monitoring, and troubleshooting Group Policy deployments
- Collaborate across IT and business areas to develop and implement new processes that help maintain the Merck's computing environment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree or relevant work experience.
Required Experience and Skills**:
- 5+ years of Windows desktop OS engineering and automation experience
- Strong experience and expertise in planning, designing and implementing Windows desktop operating system (OS) in an enterprise environment
- Strong technical background with experience and knowledge in Windows desktop image deployment scripting and solutioning
- Build and maintain standard OS software configurations that reflect agreed functional needs and specifications based on business requirements
- Configure Office 365, Adobe DC and Webex productivity tools for inclusion in the enterprise image
- Work with security SMEs to configure Windows Defender, Azure Information Protection, Microsoft InTune for the enterprise image
- Improve and automate repetitive, manual OS deployment processes and procedures driving support efficiencies
- Sound knowledge of and professional technical experience with current Windows platform technology
- Broad experience with Microsoft Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP and SCCM
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a highly demanding environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to adapt and rapidly learn new technologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of security suites - specifically McAfee Agent/AV/ENS, HIPS, DLP, EEPC, Site Advisor
- Extensive technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Working knowledge and understanding of Remedy Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Real world project management or project coordination experience is a plus
- Good understanding of the tenets of computer management (Software Distribution, Active Directory, SCCM, Intune etc.)
- An understanding of current enterprise IT trends such as consumerization, ramifications of cloud computing, and remote team management
- Good working knowledge of ITIL framework
If you're interested, please do kindly send in your detailed and updated CV to Tammy Chew Wen Hui (R1877573) at email@example.com and I'll reach out to you for a brief confidential chat.
Tammy Chew Wen Hui EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1877573