Our client is a U.S. MNC Pharmaceutical company and there are currently seeking a Windows Engineering Specialist to join their Information Technology group in Singapore.
Windows Engineering Specialist
The role requires a technically strong person who is resourceful, highly self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Engineer corporate desktop Operating System images
- Utilize Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (ADK) and SCCM OSD task sequence to create and modify OS images
- Testing and deploying Group Policy to both physical and virtual images
- Respond to all incoming requests for new or changes to Group Policy. Manage priorities, timelines, and communicate with all necessary parties through deployment process.
- Document the environment in a customer facing format
- Create and maintain all SDLC documentations
- 3rd level support and identification of root cause with strategic solutions (requests/CPRs/outages).
- Design Windows deployment strategies
- Utilize Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Configuration Manager to produce detailed task sequences for OS deployment
- Working with the latest technologies
- Research and master new technologies quickly
- Provide technical guidance and implementation
- Work closely other teams and stakeholders to on various projects such as App Services, Deployment Services, Applications Owners, the Core Applications group, and Information Security teams.
- Work closely with Active Directory team to engineer and maintain the structural hierarchy
- Ensure adherence to global standards, policies, and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Scheduling, monitoring, and troubleshooting Group Policy deployments
Collaborate across IT and business areas to develop and implement new processes that help maintain the Merck's computing environment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree or relevant work experience.
Required Experience and Skills**:
- 4+ years practical experience supporting Windows desktops
- 4+ years practical experience with the following Microsoft technologies: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Configuration Manager 2012
- 4+ years practical experience with Operating System Deployment and associated tools (ADK/AIK, MDT, OSD)
- Strong technical knowledge and in-depth understanding of Microsoft Windows client operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of one or more technologies: Microsoft WMI, PowerShell, VBScript, SCCM and Intune
- Ability to document and maintain Standard Operation Procedures, Work Instructions, and System Development Lifecycle Management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Conceptual knowledge of Office 365 suite and other Microsoft cloud services
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a highly demanding environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to adapt and rapidly learn new technologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of security suites - specifically McAfee Agent/AV/ENS, HIPS, DLP, EEPC, Site Advisor
- Extensive technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Working knowledge and understanding of Remedy Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Real world project management or project coordination experience is a plus
- Good understanding of the tenets of computer management (Software Distribution, Active Directory, SCCM, Intune etc.)
- An understanding of current enterprise IT trends such as consumerization, ramifications of cloud computing, and remote team management
- Good working knowledge of ITIL framework.
Interested candidates, please send in your application with your detailed and updated CV to Tammy Chew Wen Hui (R1877573) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Tammy Chew Wen Hui EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1877573