Job Description :
- Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis
- Performing routine audits of systems and software and perform system backups
- Performing standard or project change request as per change window
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Responsibility for system security compliance, health check & server hardening
- Responsibility for documenting incident RCA report the configuration of the system and System performance tuning
- Monitor availability, performance to ensure proper functioning of server systems and applications
- Able to proactive provide assessment and improvement on current infrastructure
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery tests, experience in full system recovery and restoration
- Monitoring utilization and plan for server systems capacity upgrade
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures
- Diagnosing and resolving any system issues or problems
- Liaise and work with other technical teams including Application Developers and vendors
- Administer enterprise-sized VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter and stand-alone ESXi environments version 6.5 and later.
- Design, plan, implement and administer IBM enterprise server and storage technologies in support of underlying virtualization infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring and integrating servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Performing backups, troubleshooting and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Building highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment.
- Monitor and trouble shoot system performance within the VMware environment.
- Building and configuring virtual networks.(Standard Switch /Distributed Switch)
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of hardware maintenance, upgrades and repairs.
- Replacements to Network LAN/WAN servers supporting the virtualization infrastructure.
- Ensuring the security posture for the virtualization environment by monitoring system security, documenting system configurations
- Building and maintaining VMware templates (ie. adding software packages, patching, hardening to VM templates)
- Capacity review and planning for VMware environments.Good Knowledge on HA,DRS,FT,VMotion and Update Manager
Min Education Qualifications :
Formal technical qualifications in MS Windows Technologies
Relevant Experience Required:
Essential experience: Active Directory administration, MS Windows clustering, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix
Non-essential but advantageous experience: BES, NetBackup, VTL, HDS SAN, Eximbills support
A relevant tertiary qualification is desired.
3 years in a Banking/Finance organization supporting MS Windows.
5 years in a MS Windows support role.
A good grounding in all aspects of MS Windows System Administration.
Remote management and system monitoring tools.
Rvin James Murillo Andalan EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1331697