Supports existing Employment Legal Counsel in HR legal related matters and perform legal research, investigating and preparing various documents to be filed with the courts/arbitral tribunals and any applicable regulatory authorities, and drafting legal agreements. Communicates instructions to outside counsel. Works on special projects, such as managing databases and keeping legal databases up to date. Assist discovery process, conflicts of interest, and legal docket for area of responsibility.
- Drafts, analyzes, and manages the most complex legal documents.
- Prepares a wide variety of legal filings and reports.
- Assists attorneys with the most complex legal matters and client issue resolution.
- Makes recommendations regarding legal matters and directs fact investigation for client engagements.
- Determines approach and items to gather in relation to legal question or issue. Researches, analyzes, and compiles complex law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal and business articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes. Provides recommendations regarding research; performs legal research and compiles data from a variety of reference sources such as digests, encyclopedias, and practice manuals. Recommends appropriate methods and analyzes results produced.
- Provides guidance to business clients regarding legal review processes and contract execution policies and filing requirements.
- Interacts with and acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, client counsel, and business unit personnel for legal matters.
- Drafts minutes of corporate meetings for review and evaluation.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of file system for legal documents, agreements, non-disclosures, etc.; acts as a legal librarian, ensuring reference materials are current. Recommends and implements filing system and process changes.
- Conducts preliminary interviews with company witnesses. Adjusts interview as appropriate, to gather additional or necessary information. Coordinates company responses to subpoenas. Supports litigation; organizes files, exhibits, etc.; coordinates discovery efforts and handles document requests.
- Assist the pre-filing process, handling or escalating pre-filing and post filing difficulties, tracking progress of prosecution and assisting attorney on substantive matters.
- Monitoring ASEAN legal developments and legislation.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal Certification will be advantageous.
- Paralegal knowledge is advantageous.
- Three or more years of paralegal or related experience.
- Experience working with software related to legal activities.
- Experience working with law, legal review processes, and contract execution policies.
- Knowledge of corporate structures and vendor/supplier relationships.
- Knowledge of various state and federal legal requirements.
- Proficiency at drafting various legal documents.
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task.
- Document management skills.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to create advanced database searches.
- Strong editing skills in order to review legal documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with internal and external employees and legal counsel.
Carolyn Ann Santibanez Mendoza EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1105160