Our client is a well-established US based company that provide engineering services and aerospace systems.
The incumbent will be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to mechanical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. He/She will design products to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, testing, and may serve a project manager role for smaller development projects. He/ She will develop the product designs necessary to drive product improvement and will be integral in securing present and future business by consistently meeting or exceeding Voice of Customer requirements.
- Design and Development of Mechanical Systems for Thermal Barcode Printers
- Responsible for Mechanical design and development, detailed design of mechanical subsystems and components, with the ability to handle design reviews, design calculations, design simulations and Dfx.
- Responsible for design documentation which include detailed design documents, product specification, Engineering Change Notices, BOM, project schedules, cost estimates.
- Responsible for developing Engineering Validation Test Plan, and performing validation of new design.
- You will work closely with other functional groups in engineering, quality, service, marketing, product support, NPI partners and supply chain.
- Possess more than 4 years of product design experience.
- Familiar with dynamic mechanisms, gear train, stepper motor, and paper/media feed systems.
- Proficient in ME CAD systems eg. Pro-Engineer
- Preferably having prior experience in Printing technologies.
- Experience in project work.
- Experienced or Certified in Six Sigma (DFSS) is a PLUS
- Ability to work with team members, cross-functions and external partners in technical and project matters
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player and independent individual who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preferably a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to email@example.com.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259