Core purpose of the role: Provide strategic business partnership together with highly commercial and pragmatic, hands-on advice and support to the Asia Pac Senior Executive Team and employees. Operating in a complex, demanding and fast changing environment, supports staff across 4 countries (Singapore, India, China, Japan); works in partnership and collaboration with the Commercial Director and Global HR team
Management of Regional HR Function
- Delivery of all HR specialist functions within Region in either direct or indirect capacity: HR Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development.
- Establish, in alignment with Global HR Manager, Regional HR strategy based on business needs, including annual execution plans agreed with major stakeholders: identify organisational capability & resourcing needs.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to enable the organisation to thrive through periods of change: recruitment management, reorganisations, employee relations, performance management and all associated people related change and communication requirements.
- Take active role in developing company culture and influence individual behaviours toward a performance driven organisation.
- Implement HR programs that drive employee engagement and support the company culture.
- Perform due diligence for new office set ups and potential acquisitions.
- Supporting HR team members, ensure quality of delivery; coach and develop.
Talent Acquisition / Recruitment
- Manage end to end recruitment for the region. Coach managers to ensure correct skills are brought into the organisation, manage vendors, ensure most efficient and cost-effective recruitment methods are applied, including leveraging LinkedIn.
HR Operations / Policies and Practices
- Creating and updating Policies and Procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Provide up to date, commercially relevant HR services to internal customers by application of HR tools and processes that comply with local requirements and balance global consistency.
- Review processes: maximise efficiencies, reduce costs & administration, ensure legal compliance.
- Coaching managers on performance management best practice.
- Managing annual performance management process, ensuring business benefit.
- Reviewing and researching best practice and concepts to bring innovative suggestions to business.
- Advising managers on employee relations issues: leading disciplinaries, grievances and terminations, mediating discussions, conducting investigations, redundancy / retrenchment.
Compliance & Government Liaison
- Ensure robust business case documentation to meet all legal and compliance requirements; timely liaison with Government bodies as required.
- Ensuring legal compliance within the Region keeping senior management team aware of changes to legislation and suggesting improvements.
- MOM - Lead contact - Survey's, updates and queries.
- 'Corpass' - Company contact for Corpass.
- National service - application & notification of refunds (SAF100).
- Government childcare & maternity leave refunds.
- MPA HR contact for updates/ events/seminars and compensation and benefits surveys.
Immigration and Relocation
- Managing relocation process for employees being relocated into and out of Region
- Ensure compliance with immigration requirements across each jurisdiction within Region.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects or tasks as and when required.
- Review and update of Performance Management process.
- Identification of top talent in Region and development needs.
- Training needs analysis to support business.
- Designing and delivering internal training sessions on various company processes and initiatives.
Total Rewards / Pay and Benefits Administration Management
- Responsibility for and authorisation of Regional payrolls, ensuring timely salary payments.
- Payroll vendor management (Japan, China, Singapore, India).
- Manage Tax year end process Ir8a.
- IRAS - Contact- approving IR21's (foreigner exiting Singapore).
- Renewal of Insurances: life & medical insurance - Singapore & Mumbai.
- Audit - Payroll
- Computation of Directors remuneration for year end.
- Shares - annual process (when shares vest).
- Managing Benefit schemes across region, annual market benchmarking, budget management and vendor reviews, implementing health and well-being initiatives.
- Experience working in a Senior HR position within a global, fast paced, commercial environment across multiple geographic locations.
- Proven track record in all aspects of employee relations and legal frameworks: Singapore & India.
- Team player and skilled communicator leads through collaboration and buy-in, confident in supporting senior management and team members in the achievement of their business goals through coaching, consulting & influencing. Able to formulate and advocate clear opinions whilst being sensitive in influencing and partnering; quickly establishes trusted peer-level interaction with Management team and all employees.
- Excellent internal consulting skills, proactively analyses and interprets HR data to highlight current issues and concerns of commercial relevance; diagnose and propose effective and creative solutions to support business initiatives.
- Ability to blend both strategic thinking and operational HR delivery to meet customer needs.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and demands whilst maintaining accuracy and quality
- Payroll - understanding and experience in preparation and approval.
- Attention to detail and data analytics (utilising Excel) capability.
- Stakeholder Management: supporting business initiatives; listening to understand business needs; research solutions; data and information analysis; problem-solving; creativity; critical thinking; communication (written, numbers, verbal), demonstrates clarity of thoughts, presents recommendations clearly, logically and objectively.
- Analytical capability: can take data and present management summary and recommendations - capable using Microsoft
- Strong project management skills, change management, conflict management, negotiation and stakeholder management at all levels, (internal and external).
- Degree / equivalent in Human Resources, strong demonstrable proficiency in all HR functional areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills to include use of Pivot Tables and V-Lookup to present analytics, familiar with HR technology platforms.
- Commercially minded, bias to find commercial solutions to meet business needs, 'can'-do' optimistic attitude, team player, persuasive and detail orientated.
- Must be capable to support monthly Payroll activities, administrative functions, and to interface with Senior Stakeholders globally.
- Must have capability to investigate and present solutions to unique scenarios and back-up professionally presented proposals with data - at pace.
- Able to multi-task in fast paced environment.
Stephanie, Wei Yien Liew EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1543248