As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
The Business and Workforce Management Lead will coordinate the business and workforce management function, drive, measure, monitor and report the implementation of global frameworks and models. You will play a pivotal role in data analysis and reporting relevant to global Insurance and the project footprint including approved budgets control, manpower plan (MPP) control and governance. The output from the Business and Workforce Management Lead is to deliver the program within the defined budget, provide effective decision making and satisfy business needs and requirements.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Perform the delivery of Workforce Management and Governance related activities
- Ensure the integrity of all Workforce Management data
- Support implementation of policies and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient approach to Workforce Management across the program technology teams, including external vendors and third parties
- Implement IT requirements across teams to comply with all global processes and deadlines.
- Put in place and adopt best practice through collaborating with key business partners e.g., Finance, HR, IT
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build relationships and adopt a synchronised approach to execute processes at pace and with minimum conflict
- Ensuring that the business operates using accepted industry standard methodologies, practices, processes and principles
- Demonstrate ability to deal with confidential information and act as liaison between global Workforce Management team and other stakeholders across the group, both internal and external.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure employees adhere to the established operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory standards and policies
- Ensure all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and address any areas of concern in conjunction with operations management and/or the appropriate department.
- Ensure implementation of relevant audit recommendations and maintaining satisfactory level of audits for relevant areas
- Ensure organisational compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of ours
- Identify areas of redundancy and facilitate development of enterprise-wide solutions that can deliver sustainable saves
- Business degree holder or any related disciplne with experience
- 4-5 years in IT Banking / Insurance industry experience is good to have
- Good understanding of financial management, resource management and vendor management activities.
- Demonstrated results in delivering results in Business/Workforce management related activities e.g. Finance control, annual budgeting
- Demonstrated results in delivering process improvement, successfully applying innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in managing customer and stakeholder issues in a matrix organizational context
- Advanced level of MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Definition, Identification and Implementation of Best Practice
- Implementing and managing a uniform approach to operations procedures, issues, requirements and problems associated with each one
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.